Luci is our little corgi pet therapy dog. And is great at her job that she loves dearly! It's her very favorite thing to do in doggie life,...besides chasing squirrels up a tree!
We visit patients at a local hospital with a group called the PUP Program. It is composed of trained pet therapy dogs and their owners that make visits each week. Luci and I also make visits to local nursing homes, assisted living facilities, senior care centers, and more!
Last Tuesday we were introduced to a new facility by our Volunteer Director of Texas Home Health Hospice, Tami Segars Ott! One devoted sweet lady! This facility is for Alzheimer's patients who are still able to function with assisted care. On Memory Lane, we met several of the women! One lady said, "Luci, you can make your home right here with me,...I really miss my dog I had to left at my home." Another said, "Luci, you have the cutest little white stripe up the center of your head and I just love it!" She made sure that Luci got petted on that exact stripe! Luci leaned on her new friend as her little white stripe got a full massage!
This work is done because we have a heart for the elderly population! Volunteering with Luci has become one of the MOST rewarding things I've done in my life! Luci makes people happy with her happy smiley face and her most gracious manner of loving people unconditionally.
"Let a little of yourself die,...in order to give yourself away to someone who needs you." Isn't this bibical?
Sheri and Luci
Written by Sheri DeLoach
August 28, 2012
- Green figs in December (2)
- A God of Love (1)
- Ash Wednesday - 03.09.2011 (1)
- Birthday Party for July Birthday 2011 (1)
- CHAMP (1)
- Call of a Coward - book review (1)
- Christmas Eve - Candlelight (1)
- Drought in Texas (1)
- Empty Nest - Judy Janowski (1)
- Fears (1)
- God's will (1)
- Golden Friendship - Marcia Piepgrass -guest writer (1)
- Gray Skies in February (1)
- Inner Spirit - Albert Schweitzer (1)
- Luci's first official visit to meet AD 01.2011 (1)
- My Favorite Things (1)
- NM (1)
- Spiritually Vigorous Saint (1)
- Springtime arrives in Central Texas (1)
- Suppose - Judy Janowski (1)
- TRUST (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.13.2011 (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.20.2011 (1)
- austin (1)
- visiting two nice ladies at nursing home 03.17.2011 (1)
- ► 2013 (12)
- ▼ 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (43)