Epiphany? What is does word mean to you? Have you experienced an epiphany moment? Have you wondered why people don't talk about their epiphany moment(s)? Many questions surrounding this mysterious word!
Several epiphany moments have happened to me and each one comes unexpected, yet welcomed and with great joy! It comes in the form of a sudden realization that God has spoken to me! In His way and His Time.
I was a pilgrim on 'A Walk to Emmaus' about 15 years ago with a large group from many churches at a church camp ground for the weekend. Many friends had gone on the 'Walk' and I could see a change in their walk with Jesus. So, I wanted to go ! A dear friend sponsored me and made all the arrangements for that weekend, no clocks or watches or cell phones allowed!
This spiritual retreat is structured with a time line that is followed exclusively. There are small groups that one becomes a member for the weekend. In these groups we are lead by an experienced Emmaus team member. We become to know each other well through sharing our burdens, challenges, joys, etc., with one another. We hear 'talks' on the five different types of GRACE by veteran Emmaus members throughout the weekend. One of the great highlights of the weekend.
My EPIPHANY moment at this spiritual retreat came in the form of people I knew from our church who came for the Candlelight Service, the ending session of the weekend. It was a complete surprises, didn't know they were coming until that moment when I looked out over the audience! Candlelight burned softly in their faces and as I began to recognize each one and their joyful radiance...God spoke to me with a message of LOVE unexperienced until that moment! My heart burned with sudden elation and unspeakable joy...tears flowed...and truly...this was an EPIPHANY moment...a spiritual marker in my life!
Spiritual experiences can't be explained...Since then my life has taken on a new direction for serving God through serving others. GOD IS LOVE!
Jaunaury 15, 2012
- Green figs in December (2)
- A God of Love (1)
- Ash Wednesday - 03.09.2011 (1)
- Birthday Party for July Birthday 2011 (1)
- CHAMP (1)
- Call of a Coward - book review (1)
- Christmas Eve - Candlelight (1)
- Drought in Texas (1)
- Empty Nest - Judy Janowski (1)
- Fears (1)
- God's will (1)
- Golden Friendship - Marcia Piepgrass -guest writer (1)
- Gray Skies in February (1)
- Inner Spirit - Albert Schweitzer (1)
- Luci's first official visit to meet AD 01.2011 (1)
- My Favorite Things (1)
- NM (1)
- Spiritually Vigorous Saint (1)
- Springtime arrives in Central Texas (1)
- Suppose - Judy Janowski (1)
- TRUST (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.13.2011 (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.20.2011 (1)
- austin (1)
- visiting two nice ladies at nursing home 03.17.2011 (1)
- ► 2013 (12)
- ▼ 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (43)