- Green figs in December (2)
- A God of Love (1)
- Ash Wednesday - 03.09.2011 (1)
- Birthday Party for July Birthday 2011 (1)
- CHAMP (1)
- Call of a Coward - book review (1)
- Christmas Eve - Candlelight (1)
- Drought in Texas (1)
- Empty Nest - Judy Janowski (1)
- Fears (1)
- God's will (1)
- Golden Friendship - Marcia Piepgrass -guest writer (1)
- Gray Skies in February (1)
- Inner Spirit - Albert Schweitzer (1)
- Luci's first official visit to meet AD 01.2011 (1)
- My Favorite Things (1)
- NM (1)
- Spiritually Vigorous Saint (1)
- Springtime arrives in Central Texas (1)
- Suppose - Judy Janowski (1)
- TRUST (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.13.2011 (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.20.2011 (1)
- austin (1)
- visiting two nice ladies at nursing home 03.17.2011 (1)
Monday, January 14, 2013
Take Time to Live
"Take time to Life"
author ~ Myrtle M. Rose
Happy New Year Friends all around the world! This is my first blog for 2013 and it the poem is borrowed from a book, "Lights along the Way" by Myrtle M. Rose.
Life should not be the struggle that for some it does appear,
We very often fail to think how short a time we're here.
We concentrate of worldly gains, and so much time we give
To piling up our dollars that we don't take time to live.
We seldom free ourselves from tasks or plans we have ahead,
And when we do, we feel we should have worked some
The things we have, we salt away: then struggle on for more,
Enjoying not the wealth that we already have in store.
How very few the times when folks just meet on common
ground, Where gaiety, a happy song, some fun and joy aboung;
How many times do we forget our money, dress, and such
And gather in a circle big, and laugh and nothin' much?
We rush through life with maddening speed, we keep the gear
We have no time to tarry, but to gain a bit we try;
We quite forget we cannot add more days to life's short span,
But surely we can shorten them by just this very plan.
Our mott is: "I don't have time." We've said it for so long,
That if we ever should catch up, we'd think that things were
Remembember that when we are gone, there will be others who
Will take things up where we leave off, and still weill ne'er
We have no choice in being born, but must take time to die:
And how we spend the time while here, must meet with a
Just say, "The past I can't recall: the future I don't know:
But the present time I'll live, I'll laugh, and take it slow."
A New Year's Poem to set our minds in a different thought pattern! Please share with friends on Facebook and other blogs and Twitter!
- ▼ 2013 (12)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ► 2011 (43)