"AS A MAN THINKS in his heart, so is he...
Yesterday I read Dr. James Allen's little book, "As A Man Thinketh" and was awed by his wisdom. Simply put and to the point, the title of the book comes from Proverbs 23:7; 'As a Man Thinketh in His Heart, so is he.'
" A particular train or thought persisted in, be it good or bad, cannot fail to produce it's results on the character and circumstances. A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances."
"The body is the servant of the mind. It obey the operations of the mind, whether they be deliberately chosen or automatically expressed. At the bidding of unlawful thoughts the body sinks rapidly into disease and decay; at the command of glad and beautiful thoughts it becomes clothed with youthfulness and beauty." Dr. James Allen. Philippians 4:8. "Whatever things are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy- mediate on these things."
Many people are suffering from some sort of illness or disease. This malady continues in a fallen world. We do have a choice when stricken with a dread disease or illness; we can choose to 'think about God and how He is in control of ALL and He is BIG Enough! Choose God and His righteousness in illness, in good health, in misfortune, in prosperity with your life!
Written by Sheri DeLoach
Photography by Sheri DeLoach
- Green figs in December (2)
- A God of Love (1)
- Ash Wednesday - 03.09.2011 (1)
- Birthday Party for July Birthday 2011 (1)
- CHAMP (1)
- Call of a Coward - book review (1)
- Christmas Eve - Candlelight (1)
- Drought in Texas (1)
- Empty Nest - Judy Janowski (1)
- Fears (1)
- God's will (1)
- Golden Friendship - Marcia Piepgrass -guest writer (1)
- Gray Skies in February (1)
- Inner Spirit - Albert Schweitzer (1)
- Luci's first official visit to meet AD 01.2011 (1)
- My Favorite Things (1)
- NM (1)
- Spiritually Vigorous Saint (1)
- Springtime arrives in Central Texas (1)
- Suppose - Judy Janowski (1)
- TRUST (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.13.2011 (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.20.2011 (1)
- austin (1)
- visiting two nice ladies at nursing home 03.17.2011 (1)
- ► 2013 (12)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ▼ 2011 (43)