Sunday, October 9, 2011

Answered Prayer ~ RAIN comes to Central Texas

Most of Texas has been in a severe drought this past year.  Stats show that the last drought this serious and severe was in the 1940's.  There are many theories and stories out there for 'why?'  The answer is that we, as mortals don't know.  Only God knows.

This morning we awoke to gently falling rain that had started in the wee hours of the morning.  I heard it when it started as the winds gusted.  Rain has been predicted for the past few days, 40-50% chance...what do the weather forecasters know?

I began to praise the Lord with song and more praise for this wonderful gift of rain that I've prayed would happen for months.  Praise the Lord !  Thank you, Sweet Jesus!  Praise God for answered prayer !
Luci picked up on my excitement and ran out into the big puddle that had collected on the patio.  She played in the water that covered her legs up to her tummy until she got tired!  She let me dry off her feet and belly each time she came back inside!   Loving water as she does, what a treat!    I shot a few pics with my iPhone of the curtain of water falling from the patio roof and Luci puddling around!

What a glorious feeling came upon many of us today as we shared and praised God in church for answered prayers.  People appeared joyful and truly thankful for RAIN that we know came because we prayed and were faithful in praying.

God hears and answers our prayers.  Not on our timetable and as we would like.  But, He does listen and wants us to pray, keeping the doors of communication open between us.  Listening is a big part of prayer...do we really LISTEN, take 20 minutes a day to sit still, think about God and His Love for us?  

My challenge to myself is to take 20 minutes a day, each day for this next week and LISTEN for God as I take time for Him.  Quite time, alone, with God...expecting to hear from Him...


Psalm 46:10 " Be still and know that I am God.  I will be exalted among  the nations, I will be exhaulted in the earth."

In His Love,
Sheri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers