Early this morning, as I sat on the patio, surrounded by some of my favorite things I pondered...deep spiritual things..
I prayed, read a devotion for the day along with today's devotion from 'My Utmost for His Highest', and thanked God for the freedom of living in the United States of America. I've reached that age that I don't take this lightly and for granted. I realize that many people in our armed forces gave their lives for such as we have in this country. On the eve of our country's celebration of Freedom, July 4, 2011, I reflect...and I wonder...
How long will God continue to bless this country ? Only He knows. It has become clear in my mind that America has drifted far from our Godly heritage that made this country great. Look around, what do we see and hear from the world and media ?
I believe that God is a loving God but a jealous God. He wants his people who are called by His name, to repent, come forward, and make a stand for Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives. Material things don't last nor do they satisfy. America is guilty of collecting more and more material things. God wants us to collect the things that last. A solid relationship with Him, a stable loving based on Christ's example relationship with our husband/wife, a secure and loving relationship with our kids and grand kids. He wants His own to have relationships with each other built through the body of Christ.
Think about it...the only 'things' we take to heaven with us are our relationships. God/Jesus. Family. Friends. Nothing else. Sobering thought. Wake up America and return to your first love...God...who made you and loves you as no other. He wants you for His own.
In Christ's Love,
My Favorite Things
- Green figs in December (2)
- A God of Love (1)
- Ash Wednesday - 03.09.2011 (1)
- Birthday Party for July Birthday 2011 (1)
- CHAMP (1)
- Call of a Coward - book review (1)
- Christmas Eve - Candlelight (1)
- Drought in Texas (1)
- Empty Nest - Judy Janowski (1)
- Fears (1)
- God's will (1)
- Golden Friendship - Marcia Piepgrass -guest writer (1)
- Gray Skies in February (1)
- Inner Spirit - Albert Schweitzer (1)
- Luci's first official visit to meet AD 01.2011 (1)
- My Favorite Things (1)
- NM (1)
- Spiritually Vigorous Saint (1)
- Springtime arrives in Central Texas (1)
- Suppose - Judy Janowski (1)
- TRUST (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.13.2011 (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.20.2011 (1)
- austin (1)
- visiting two nice ladies at nursing home 03.17.2011 (1)
- ► 2013 (12)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ▼ 2011 (43)