One wonders when and if springtime will arrive in whatever part of the country we live ! Weather affects our moods, productivity, spontaneity, creativity, and much more. Sunshiny days with moderate temperatures, little or no wind constitutes the 'perfect day'!
I admit that cold, dreary, overcast days with a weather forecast of the same can be a downer. I begin to yearn for the sights and sounds of Spring !
Yesterday, we had one of those perfect springtime afternoon, just right for an hour's walk. Luci had been walking by her collar and leash in the kitchen and nudging it with her nose for me to see !
Walking with Luci can be a challenge, even with her short corgi legs ! This little pup can RUN FAST ! Walking/Running is our exercise of choice !
We arrived at our destination, Rolling Meadows and the Dog Walk within 15 minutes. We noticed a male Mocking Bird, high up in a tree, singing his little heart out ! I made a couple of pics and we moved on down the walk. A few minutes later we rounded the walk and was back with the Mocking Bird, sitting the same limb, singing staccato ! Luci's antics didn't appear to affect him as he was focused on attracting his mate !
I marvel at God's world of clear running water in the creeks, greenest of grass, singing birds, trees budding, weedy plants with pretty yellow flowers, purest of air, kids playing baseball, and parents coaching them !
Reflecting back... thanking God for the arrival of Spring !
Psalm 149 : Praise to God from All Creatures...
- Green figs in December (2)
- A God of Love (1)
- Ash Wednesday - 03.09.2011 (1)
- Birthday Party for July Birthday 2011 (1)
- CHAMP (1)
- Call of a Coward - book review (1)
- Christmas Eve - Candlelight (1)
- Drought in Texas (1)
- Empty Nest - Judy Janowski (1)
- Fears (1)
- God's will (1)
- Golden Friendship - Marcia Piepgrass -guest writer (1)
- Gray Skies in February (1)
- Inner Spirit - Albert Schweitzer (1)
- Luci's first official visit to meet AD 01.2011 (1)
- My Favorite Things (1)
- NM (1)
- Spiritually Vigorous Saint (1)
- Springtime arrives in Central Texas (1)
- Suppose - Judy Janowski (1)
- TRUST (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.13.2011 (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.20.2011 (1)
- austin (1)
- visiting two nice ladies at nursing home 03.17.2011 (1)
- ► 2013 (12)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ▼ 03/13 - 03/20 (2)