Last Wednesday at the nursing home where Luci and I volunteer, we were invited for an ice cream social with entertainment ! The residents were beside themselves with anticipation for this party to begin ! Music from a local Blue Grass Family band played and sang throughout the party. They were quite good and asked the audience for requests. This amazingly talented family band was able to come up with their requests and have sing-alongs ! Nothing excites and elevates a person's endorphins as does music to the soul, no matter what age ! Singing with elderly folks has been proven to lift depression and loneliness !
Texas Home Health Hospice provided sugar-free ice cream and made floats, which were quite popular ! I moved about in the audience and spoke to men and women who wanted 'to talk.' It was fun getting to meet new residents, as they shared their lives.
The Activities Director, a multi-talented Godly woman played the piano, by ear, and sang with the band. TXHHH's Volunteer Director sang with the band, on stage !
I was a blessed through this hour of praising the Lord in song and sharing our lives. Volunteering my time for nursing home residents continues to be a passion and I believe God blesses this ministry !
Sheri DeLoach- Author
- Green figs in December (2)
- A God of Love (1)
- Ash Wednesday - 03.09.2011 (1)
- Birthday Party for July Birthday 2011 (1)
- CHAMP (1)
- Call of a Coward - book review (1)
- Christmas Eve - Candlelight (1)
- Drought in Texas (1)
- Empty Nest - Judy Janowski (1)
- Fears (1)
- God's will (1)
- Golden Friendship - Marcia Piepgrass -guest writer (1)
- Gray Skies in February (1)
- Inner Spirit - Albert Schweitzer (1)
- Luci's first official visit to meet AD 01.2011 (1)
- My Favorite Things (1)
- NM (1)
- Spiritually Vigorous Saint (1)
- Springtime arrives in Central Texas (1)
- Suppose - Judy Janowski (1)
- TRUST (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.13.2011 (1)
- Wordless Wednesday 07.20.2011 (1)
- austin (1)
- visiting two nice ladies at nursing home 03.17.2011 (1)
- ► 2013 (12)
- ► 2012 (16)
- ▼ 07/31 - 08/07 (3)